Great news for visitors as public toilets start opening from Friday 10 July,
Public toilets were temporarily closed in line with Scottish Government Covid 19 guidance.
Before reopening them, water systems have been cleansed to minimise the risk of Legionella and Fife Council has been working up improved cleaning plans to ensure the health and safety of users.
All 31-street access public toilets will be open for the community and visitors by 15 July at the latest.
Toilets opening on Friday 10 and Saturday 11 July:
- Elie Harbour - 10-Jul (Open from noon to 18.00)
- Elie Ruby Bay (Disabled Block only) - 10-Jul (Open from noon to 18.00)
- St Andrews, West Sands Block 1 - 10-Jul (Open from noon to 18.00)
- St Andrews East Sands - 10-Jul (Open from noon to 18.00)
- Craigtoun Park, St Andrews - 10-Jul
- Lochore Meadows - 11-Jul
- Anstruther - 11-Jul
- Cupar Fluthers - 11 Jul
- Elie Stenton Row - 11-Jul
- Falkland - 11-Jul
- St Andrews Church square - 11-Jul
Toilets opening on Tuesday 14 July:
- Ceres - 14-Jul
- Cellardyke - 14-Jul
- Crail Harbour - 14-Jul
- Crail Westgate - 14-Jul
- Cupar Bonnygate - 14-Jul
- Lower Largo - 14-Jul
- Pittenweem m- 14-Jul
- St Andrews Harbour - 14-Jul
- St Monans - 14-Jul
- Tayport - 14-Jul
- Charlestown - 14-Jul
Toilets opening on Wednesday 15 July:
- Culross - 15-Jul
- Pittencrief Park, Dunfermline - 15-Jul
- Burntisland - 15-Jul
- Ravenscraig Park, Kirkcaldy - 15-Jul
- Kirkcaldy Prom - 15-Jul
- Kinghorn - 15-Jul
- Letham Glen, Leven - 15-Jul
- Aberdour Silver Sands - 15-Jul
The two toilets at Bruce Embankment, St Andrews and Leven Promenade will not open due to major building works.
All toilets opening dates, and them staying open, are subject to no serious health and safety issues arising.